Light at end of tunnel
Last week was a week from hell.
I was in Malaysia for training and I thought I could take the chance to catch up on some lost sleep and perhaps some shopping too since there was national day sale everywhere. Alas that was wishful thinking on my part. My !@%#& boss made me work past midnight every night by giving me a piece of work on Sunday and wanting me to finish on Tuesday. How was that possible given I needed to pay attention in class (yes, she was conducting the training) unless I run 2 shifts? Worse still, she was not at all apologetic and appreciative. To her, it is expected of me.
Thank God I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. The other side has accepted me and I can start work anytime once I sign on the dotted line.
Now I'm faced with the daunting task to break the news to my boss. Help! What should I say?? Not sure if anyone has quit in less than a month before! The fact that she had paid for my short notice also complicated things. Honestly, I am quite sad to leave the team with whom I've enjoyed working. Most of them are around my age and we have lots of fun chit-chatting and bitching about the boss. And they look upon me as their hope for a more balanced worklife as I would eventually share part of their workload once I learn the ropes. But now I'm desserting them! Oh oh! I feel so bad!


4 Comments:
oops will you have to pay them back since they bought u out? but i'm glad u're out!!! :) hopefully no more extra long days. don't feel to bad ...it's not personal ..it's business right? hehe
ps...and u have something else to look forward to, your new coach bags ;)
yipee! coach bags!! can't wait :)
Waaah...not one coach bag but many coach bags ah?!
*faints*
Post a Comment
<< Home