Tough days ahead
It is a long and merciless week. Was forced to accelerate from stationary to 5th gear in the first 2 days before I could get my rusty brain lubricated.
There was information overload on the first day, followed by complicated spreadsheets on the second. Worse when I had to appear enthusiastic and knowledge hungry, and pretend to be totally at ease with the fast paced working environment because, err, my cv said so.
Ouch, reality bites. The good old days of knocking off at 5:30pm are over. Sigh.. hopefully things will improve over time when I settle down in the job.
But well, at least one consolation is that the colleagues are nice, they are mostly around my age so there're plenty of common topics during lunch. And one thing I forgot to mention - the pantry is amazing! Well-stocked with fruits, softdrinks, chips, chocolates, coffee, and even ice-cream! Very impressive, makes working late a little less miserable, I guess.


2 Comments:
wow free ice cream and chocolate in the pantry!!! i'm there! :) ours only had soda and fruit. bleh.
and its good to hear your colleagues are nice. nothing is worst than an unfriendly work env urhgk
Hang in there,lady! Nice colleagues and a pantry filled with goodies should be good enough motivation to make you want to work! :D
Post a Comment
<< Home