Sunday, August 20, 2006

Weekend

Spent my precious saturday having acute diarrhoea. At least 20 times. I literally camped in toilet the whole afternoon.

Am very sure stress is the culprit. Can't think of any other reason. Can't possibly be food, which I have not consumed much in the past week since the bloody work stress had caused me to lose all my appetite. Then again, I don't deserve any pity, coz I still insisted on having sashimi for dinner! Strangely that seemed to be the cure. After dinner, the diarrhoea became less frequent and today, it was reduced to only once! More effective than bo-chai pills!

Sunday was better. Had goose rice at Tekka market for lunch. It was supposedly famous, hubby had to queue for half an hour. Also caught the PM's national day rally speech in the evening. It was quite enjoyable, as he got his points across in a light-hearted manner. He had indeed inherited quite a bit of his father's genes. This year, IT like blogging and podcast were the highlights. Be careful about what you blog, someone is watching you!

Anyway this marks the end of my precious weekend. Next week's gonna be another week in hell. I feel like a prisoner on death parole, hanging by a thin thread of hope as I await the verdict from the final court of appeal.

4 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger mini said...

hope this week goes better for ya! :)

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger knickknacks said...

Hey...feeling better? :)

 
At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe after a few weeks of adjustment to this environment you will feel less stressed out? Once you get the hang of things you'll take less time to complete the work and can go home earlier? Does everyone work as late as you in the department?

Think positive. You'll find a way to work efficiently very soon! I remember when I first switched jobs, I worked til 12 midnight and felt very stressed too. But after discovering the 'tricks' involved to finish my 'reports', I had time to surf internet and leave office by 6pm. And you learn alot of things through this process.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger knickknacks said...

Hey..I hope things are working out for you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home