Saturday, September 16, 2006

If only...

.. I dun have to make decisions. Something which I hate at this present moment.

Nope. I haven't tendered my resignation yet. Have agreed with the other side that I'd start work beginning Oct, so need to time my letter 1 week b4 that.

Well, the thing is, the longer I stay in my current place, the more I like it. The colleagues are young, dynamic and a fun bunch of people - something that I will not find in the Japanese set-up. But yes i know, not a strong point to justify my stay since my colleagues are not going to do my overtime for me. They all have their fair share of work.

Oh btw, boss just had a pet talk with me last week. She said she's aiming at improving the hours, and if things do get better as promised, we should be looking at 2 weeks of 7pms, 1 week of 8pm and 1 week of 10pm. And this only happens in a normal month. On busy months (which come up to like 6 months per yr), she'll strive to cut the hours from midnight to 10pm. So much for encouragement.

Sigh.... is it ever possible to have the best of both worlds?

2 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger mini said...

HAHAHA your boss's consolation sounds kinda nuts lor hehe ...cut back from midnight to 10pm? wow so generous of her! actually the extra hours might even make your hourly pay lower since u're working more. hehe

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger knickknacks said...

She's a definite slave driver. I'm glad you're getting out of there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home