Happy Birthday to Me
Celebrated my birthday with mixed feelings - tinge of sadness there as it was the last of my twenties and I hate to think about the big 3 lurking in the corner... But overall it was a good day. Work was light and I knocked off early for dinner.
For a start, I was pleasantly surprised when my 'horrid' boss actually ordered a cake and bought the team lunch in celebration of my birthday. Her attitude towards me has changed dramatically in the past 2 weeks and she has become so much kinder. Not sure if she could sense my impending exit.. Sigh, the kinder she is to me, the harder to pull the plug. Intentional or not, her kind acts did get to me and I'm actually thinking twice about resigning. arrgh, useless me, I am so easily manipulated...
In the evening, hubby brought me to Saint Pierre, a nice and exclusive French restaurant at Central Mall. We ordered the Autumn 2006 degustation menu, essentially a tasting menu comprising small portions of almost everything you can find in their menu - a 10-course dinner in this case. An obvious choice for a glutton like me who loves to try everything. But the amount of food got a little overwhelming and I was full even before we were halfway through. Hubby opted for the wine degustation, but soon regretted when we realised there'd be a total of 10 glasses - one with each course. Not so good when he had to drive home! But overall an unforgettable dining experience. *big hug for hubby*
Unfortunately we didn't take any pictures. My fault, coz I chose the bag over a camera as my present. Was regretting my decision coz some of the food presentations were really pretty! Tried to capture the moments with our Nokia/Dopod camera phones, but they are really hopeless.


1 Comments:
Happy belated birthday!!! :D
Post a Comment
<< Home